If you are thinking of introducing orchids indoors, you must be looking for some indoor plant pest control tips. Your indoor plants need to be protected from any pest and diseases. It is important to protect your indoor plants from dust, dirt and other indoor plant pests.
Some of the most common pests that affect indoor plants are aphids, scale insects, spider mites, red borers, white-flies and thrips. Aphids are soft bodied insects with oval shape and creamy white color. They have large and dark colored flowers which appear like lotus flower. The flowers have a sweet fragrance. They feed on latex or milk which makes them a danger for pregnant women. Aphids can be controlled with the use of natural predators like lady bugs or crickets.
Red borers are medium sized slimy insects that resemble small socks. They hide in cracks and crevices and feed on the sap of young roots of plants. They cause dry and cracked stem. To control red borers, plant milley and variegated millet are recommended. There are many insecticides available for insectivating plants.
During the summer season and during long periods of sunlight, aphid, scale, spider and red borers will not pose a serious threat to your flowering and non-flowering indoor plants. To get rid of these pests you must know how to prevent and treat them. Here are some quick tips:
– Water your plants only when necessary. They should be watered every three weeks in hot weather and every two weeks in the winter. In hot weather, take them out of the house immediately and place them under the sun to water. You can water them with a spray bottle without over watering. In winter, you can water them only when the soil is warm and moist enough.
– Choose the best insecticides for indoor plants. There are some products that contain more than one chemical that can be used to effectively control the pest infestation. The best way to choose the right insecticides is to read the label and follow the instructions carefully. Consult a professional pesticide applicator to determine the type of insecticides to be applied. The most effective insecticides for indoor plants kill the adult pests and prevent their reproduction.
– There are several pests that may adversely affect the flowering and non-flowering indoor plants. Some of them are white-flies, white-fly larva, mealybugs, earwigs, caterpillars, snails, slugs and snails. These pests sometimes cause yellow spoilage and plant leaves discoloration. Some aphid species may also destroy the flower buds and leaves of the plants.
– The best insecticide for a plant protection is a natural organic pest controller. It is important to identify the pest and avoid them in the future. For this, the best weapon is the biological spider mite miticide. This is a natural product that contains a powerful lethal dose of protein derived from the silk worm. Other products like systemic miticides and pyrethrin are non-selective and only affect the adult pests. There are several products that can be categorized as being a form of plant pesticide or biocides that function to repel insects.
– Mites are microscopic insects that can be found in the upper respiratory system of mammals. They can infest indoor plants and cause disease. While there may be no serious damage caused by these pests, their presence may adversely affect the health of people living in the house. If these pests cannot be seen, they cannot be controlled.
– Mothballs are a good organic pest control that is safe for both human and animal. They can be placed around the perimeter of the room where there are pets. However, it is important not to put the mothballs in the water supply. The best insecticide for a mothball is a natural one. Another natural method of controlling insect infestation is placing cotton soaked in dish soap in the cracks of the doors, where there are a lot of animals coming in. Another method is to dip bay leaves into some dish soap and place this in the cracks to keep pests away.
– Neem oil concentrate is a best natural insecticides for indoor plants. It can be diluted as much as you want before applying it to the plants. Neem oil has been used since the early nineteenth century for various medicinal purposes. Its effectiveness against fleas and lice is well known. There are also reports that it can kill certain pests like ants and termites.
To ensure the safety of your indoor plants, it is important to check price and quality of insecticides before purchasing them. When shopping online, you should look for a product with natural ingredients. In addition, do not forget to check price and product specifications. You can save a lot of time, effort and money by buying from reputable stores. Before purchasing any insecticide, make sure to read customer reviews about it. Remember to check price, effectiveness and product safety before buying.